Important Links/Information

Fellow Addicts

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Another Pink...and it's Wednesday!

I break all the rules over here at Life.Love.Nailpolish, because it's my blog and I can do what I want! But today, I'm actually posting a pink polish on a Wednesday! So I guess I can say "On [some]Wednesdays, we wear pink!" Ok, onto the rambling about the polish. Nubar Pink Lily is a very light pink creme with fine shimmer that lines up in strands. I'm terrible at descriptions. It's got shimmer like Zoya Marley. That's the best I can do. I got this in a grab bag I purchased in a Facebook group. I used 3 coats for the pictures. It was streaky on the first, but managed to get mostly evened out by the third. I've shown it without topcoat. I also have a comparison for you after the inital swatches!

Pink Lily
It's really light! And the fine shimmer is really invisible. I just thought of a better description of the shimmer - pearly shimmer! But it still looks like a creme.

Pink Lily
It makes me look so tan! 

Pink Lily
Here you can see it was a bit lumpy. I'm sure topcoat would help with that. I think it may also need a 4th coat. Keep in mind that these were pretty thin coats though, so maybe I just needed to polish a little thicker and I might have been able to get away with 2 coats.

Comparison time! I compared it to 2 other light pinks in my stash, just to see how similar it was. I have China Glaze Something Sweet on my index finger and OPI Mod About You on my ring finger. I used 3 coats of each.

Pink Lily
This pic came out a little too dark and warm, but you can clearly tell the differences between the polishes. The China Glaze and OPI have some lavender in them and are more cool-toned compared to Pink Lily.

Pink Lily
The China Glaze and the OPI are more similar to each other than to Pink Lily. 
Verdict: No dupes of Pink Lily here, but Something Sweet and Mod About You are interchangeable.

Hope this helped at least one person! Have a marvelous day!
Happy Polishing,
Janelle

2 comments:

  1. Ooh pretty pink! It looks great on you and perfect for an entry into Spring mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I'll have to pull this one out again when it's closer to spring!

      Delete

Please do not link to your blog in the comments. You can email me [life.nailpolish [at] yahoo.com] if you want me to read your blog or just to contact me in general. Comments with links will not be published. I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment.